Production Staff - Fillet Room (Anacortes, WA)
STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS. Interested in a new career? Fillet training is available for the right candidate! Experienced fillet individuals are also encouraged to apply. The fillet position is a member of our production staff. These individuals are responsible for the cutting and trimming of fish in a manner that maximizes yields and meets specified quality standards. This position is a full time position that reports to the Operations Manager.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Follow good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures
- Hand fillet salmon targeting specified yield
- Hand portion fish within specific tolerance
- Willingness to work in other areas as needed
- Must be able to stand for up to 2 hour periods at a time
- Must be able to lift and move boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail is a crucial.
- Must be fast paced /efficient.
- Must be able to handle a strong workload, prioritize & meet high demand deadlines.
- Must have an excellent work record with references from current and/or previous employers.
- Proven ability to communicate verbally, numerically and in written form.
- Maintain a safe healthy working environment
Availability: Week days shifts from 6:00am to 2:30pm or 2:30pm to 11:00pm. Occasional weekends during peak seasons (summer Fresh & Wild and the holidays)
About The Company
We are a small, growing, privately owned marketer of three specialty consumer brands, each with a strong Northwest heritage and leadership position in its niche: SeaBear wild salmon (seabear.com), Gerard & Dominique smoked salmon (GDSeafoods.com) and the Made In Washington chain of specialty gift stores (MadeInWashington.com). We go to market through our own stores in the Puget Sound region, and nationally direct-to-consumer (web/catalog) and through upscale retailers and restaurants via our Wholesale sales division. Our seafood products are produced at our custom smokehouse in Anacortes. We grow our brands by thrilling our customers, and believe every position throughout our Company contributes to delivering a thrilling experience for customers.
Compensation: Hourly DOE + Product Discounts + Benefits
To apply please visit: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=BC152